Dia:Beacon Part-Time Gallery Attendant
Dia:Beacon Part Time Gallery Attendant
, located near the Hudson River in Beacon, NY, is part of Dia Art Foundation and serves as a museum to house its renowned permanent collection of major works of art from the 1960s to the present. Dia:Beacon is a large contemporary art museum occupying a nearly 300,000-square-foot historic printing factory and welcoming more than 75,000 visitors a year.
Dia:Beacon seeks a part-time Gallery Attendant to work 2 – 3 days a week including weekends and most holidays. The hours fluctuate seasonally and are: April-October, 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m., Thursday through Monday; November-December, 10:30am – 4:30pm, Friday – Monday; January-March, 10:30am – 4:30pm, Friday through Monday.
The Part Time Gallery Attendant is responsible for providing a positive, professional, and safe environment for Dia:Beacon visitors and its collection. The position requires teamwork and collaboration, and knowledge of the collection at Dia:Beacon, as well as the history, sites, and mission of Dia Art Foundation. The Part Time Gallery Attendant enforces rules and regulations as necessary to assist visitors and protect the collections.
• Monitor visitor interactions with the collection and facility; assist and guide the public.
• Communicate effectively about the collection, the facility, and Dia's mission, sites, and history.
• Provide museum information, membership information, coat/bag check assistance, and general information about the City of Beacon, Dutchess County, and other cultural locations in the Hudson Valley.
• Monitor all safety regulations and demonstrate ability to assist in case of an emergency; attending Dia:Beacon’s EAP training, fire drills, and First Aid/CPR/Heart-Saver classes.
• Assist with special events and programming, and help Visitor Services Managers with VIP visits as needed.
• Coordinate and perform light maintenance of the building and grounds prior to opening, during public hours, and after museum closes.
• College level credits or degree in an arts field preferred.
• Superb customer service skills and experience working with the public required.
• Knowledge of Dia Art Foundation's mission, sites, and history required.
• Must have the ability to work independently.
• Will require prolonged periods of standing and walking around within the gallery space.
Part-time employees are eligible for paid sick days and paid time off in lieu of holidays worked as well as participation in the 401(k) savings program.
For consideration, please e-mail a letter of interest and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. No phone calls or e-mails to addresses other than the one specified, please. Must be able to provide employment references upon request.
: April 28, 2014
For additional information visit www.diaart.org
Dia Art Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.