Dia Art Foundation is pleased to announce a summer Curatorial Research Internship (June–August 2019) for enrolled graduate-level students.
Dia is committed to advancing, realizing, and preserving the vision of artists. Dia fulfills its mission by commissioning single-artist projects, organizing exhibitions, realizing site-specific installations, and collecting in-depth the work of a focused group of artists of the 1960s and 1970s.
Working directly with the Curatorial team, the Curatorial Research Intern will become familiar with Dia’s methodology and history by conducting in-depth research for artists in the collection, commissioned projects, and exhibitions. The internship will also provide the opportunity to conduct research on various artists involved with public programs. The intern will work under the supervision of the Deputy Director and Chief Curator and the Associate Curator.
- Prepare scholarly research on artists in Dia’s collection and maintain files and records
- Assist with outreach to artists, scholars, and writers associated with current and future exhibitions, programs, and publications
- Assist with curatorial functions involving the department’s digital and physical archive
- Conduct weekly visits to local libraries and assist with related inquiries from staff and scholars
- Assist with bibliographic and biographical research related to Dia’s forthcoming publications
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Dia will consider applicants enrolled in a graduate program in art history, preferably with a strong interest in Minimalism and Conceptual art and/or contemporary art
- Strong preference for applicants with fluent foreign language capabilities
- Must possess advanced research and exceptional writing experience, as well as demonstrate excellent verbal communication skills
This ten-week internship provides a $2,000 stipend. The position requires a minimum of three days per week, from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, in addition to attending select Dia programs. The position is based in Dia’s office in New York City.
For consideration, send a cover letter, resume or CV, and two writing samples (5 pages or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply: Monday, February 25, 2019