537 West 22nd Street
New York, New York
Wednesday–Saturday, 12–6 pm.
Dia Chelsea is closed on Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays.
The galleries are also closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, December 31, and January 1.
The bookshop is open Wednesday–Saturday from 12–6 pm.
Admission is free.
Become a member today to receive free admission to Dia Beacon, discounts, access to special events, and more.
Dia may periodically limit admissions to avoid crowding.
If you are a member of the press, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about visiting.
To request special accommodations, or to ask questions about your visit, please contact 845 231 0811 or email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to Dia’s locations and sites! Please review our Visitor Guidelines before your visit.
Health and safety for all is our priority. Dia will continue to monitor and abide by guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), New York State and local governments.
Health & Safety
• Face coverings are strongly encouraged for all visitors over the age of two
• Visitors are asked to avoid crowding
• Please practice good hygiene when coughing or sneezing
• Hand sanitizer is available at all our locations
• For a no-touch or low-touch experience, artist information can be accessed online via QR codes
For Your Visit
• Be considerate of fellow visitors and staff. Gallery attendants are here to assist you with your visit; please respect their guidance
• Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
• No food or drinks are allowed in the galleries
• Large bags and backpacks are not permitted inside the galleries. A coat check is available at Dia Chelsea
• Keep a safe distance and do not touch the artwork
• Groups of 10 or more should schedule a visit through Group Visits
• Certain galleries may be closed at the time of your visit
Learning at Dia Art Foundation is founded on the idea that art is an active, self-determined experience.
Advance reservations are required for all adult and student groups. To schedule a group visit or guided tour, please visit our group visits page.
Dia Art Foundation strives to provide group tours to educational or other nonprofit groups regardless of means. Please ask for details when making a reservation.
• Photographs for personal use may be taken in the Dia Chelsea galleries.
• Use of public space must not be disruptive to general Dia Chelsea visitors. Please respect Dia property. Do not move, climb on, or damage furniture.
• No wedding, event, or commercial photography is allowed at Dia Chelsea or on its property.
• No flash photography or video is ever permitted.
• No tripods or extension poles are ever permitted.
• No photography in any one space for more than 5 minutes.
• If you are uncertain if photography is permitted, please ask a visitor service associate or gallery attendant before you take pictures.
Please be advised that photography at Dia Chelsea is a privilege. Dia Art Foundation reserves the right to prohibit photography in any area at any time. Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in visitors being asked to cease activities and leave the premises.
Dia Chelsea has accessible galleries and bathrooms.
Wheelchairs are available for visitor use at Dia Chelsea. Reservations are not required.
Only working assistance and guide animals are permitted at Dia Chelsea. Pets are not allowed.