537 West 22nd Street
New York, New York
Wednesday–Saturday, 12–6 pm
Dia Chelsea is closed on Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays.
The galleries are also closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, December 31, and January 1.
The bookshop is open Wednesday–Saturday from 12–6 pm.
Dia Chelsea has additional health and safety protocols in place due to COVID-19. Dia may periodically limit admissions to prevent crowding. For more information please read our visitor guidelines here.
Admission is free.
Become a member today to receive free admission to Dia Beacon, discounts, access to special events, and more.
Your support makes Dia possible. Text Dia Chelsea to 44321 to donate.
Dia may periodically limit admissions to avoid crowding.
If you are a member of the press, please contact email@example.com for more information about visiting.
To request special accommodations, or to ask questions about your visit, please contact 845 231 0811 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be considerate of fellow visitors and staff
- Masks are strongly encouraged for all visitors over the age of two
- Visitors are asked to avoid crowding
- No food or beverages allowed
- Large bags of any kind are not permitted inside the galleries. Bag check is available at Dia Chelsea.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Strollers are permitted in the galleries
- Keep a safe distance and do not touch the artwork
- Visitors should practice good hygiene by coughing or sneezing into their elbows; tissues should be disposed of immediately; please wash hands for at least twenty seconds
Further Safety Measures at Dia Chelsea
- Hand sanitizer is available at various locations in and around the galleries
- A no-touch or low-touch visitor experience is provided; artist information is available online via QR codes
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting Dia’s sites, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Dia Chelsea has accessible galleries and bathrooms.
Wheelchairs are available for visitor use at Dia Chelsea. Reservations are not required.
Only working assistance and guide animals are permitted at Dia Chelsea. Pets are not allowed.
• Photographs for personal use may be taken in the Dia Chelsea galleries.
• Use of public space must not be disruptive to general Dia Chelsea visitors. Please respect Dia property. Do not move, climb on, or damage furniture.
• No wedding, event, or commercial photography is allowed at Dia Chelsea or on its property.
• No flash photography or video is ever permitted.
• No tripods or extension poles are ever permitted.
• No photography in any one space for more than 5 minutes.
• If you are uncertain if photography is permitted, please ask a visitor service associate or gallery attendant before you take pictures.
Please be advised that photography at Dia Chelsea is a privilege. Dia Art Foundation reserves the right to prohibit photography in any area at any time. Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in visitors being asked to cease activities and leave the premises.