The Full Time Housekeeping Attendant is part of the Dia Beacon Operations Department, supervised by the Senior Manager of Facilities and, on weekends, the Senior Manager of Visitor Services. The position is full time with a schedule of 32 hours per week.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them
• Operate floor scrubbing machines, wet/dry vacuums and standard carpet vacuums
• Clean other areas as required, including carpets, walls, equipment, offices, kitchens, public spaces, conference rooms, classrooms, corridors, entrances, exterior walkways and building fixtures
• Work extra hours for special events and covering the shift of others in the housekeeping staff (i.e. vacations)
• Service and clean restrooms
• Provide restrooms with soap, paper products and other necessary supplies
• Collect and dispose of trash and other wastes
• Collect, separate and dispose of recyclable materials
• Clean sidewalks and perform manual labor in connection with grounds maintenance.
• Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways and parking areas using shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
• Move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks, J bars and dollies
• Change incandescent and florescent lights
• Receive and stock supplies in appropriate areas
• Clean and maintain equipment after use
General/Other Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Set up, arrange and remove tables, chairs, ladders and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings
• Perform related work as required or as requested by the supervisor
• Notify managers concerning the need for re-stocking supplies, safety issues and maintenance repairs
Education, Certification, Experience:
• Prior experience with the essential functions of the position required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Must have the ability to read labels, follow instructions, and use cleaning equipment and products in the prescribed manner
• Must be able to stay alert to potential safety and security problems
• Must be able to work independently as well as with other team members
• Must be able to work professionally and congenially among office staff as well as with museum visitors
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
• The employee in this position is required to spend 100% of their work time walking and moving around the workplace to complete duties
• Physical activities include pushing power-cleaning equipment, using hand tools, and cleaning equipment, bending, stooping, climbing, reaching, and lifting 20–30 lbs on a frequent basis
Full time employees are eligible for paid sick days, paid time off in lieu of holidays worked, and participation in the 401(k) savings program with company match. Employees have the opportunity to learn about the collections through presentations by curators, artists, writers, and historians. Staff ID badges gain reduced or free admission to most American museums and arts organizations. Beacon area or Hudson Valley residency preferred.
Please note that to provide a safe workplace free of recognized hazards and to take every possible step to reduce the transmission of COVID among our employees, Dia Art Foundation requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire, except for those who obtain an exemption due to a medical condition, a religious belief, or pregnancy.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply, by emailing a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Housekeeping Attendant” in the subject heading.
Dia Art Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, ethnic origin, citizenship status, disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in its employment policies. In addition, Dia will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.