Monday, April 19, 1–2:30 pm
Common Ground Farm
79 Farmstead Lane
Wappingers Falls, New York
Join artist Julia Norton at Common Ground Farm for four workshops that introduce new and surprising art materials, processes, and projects. This homeschool program is recommended for children ages 6–12.
Space is limited and registration is required. To learn more and make a reservation, visit commongroundfarm.org/homeschool.
Julia Norton (born in New York in 1985) holds an MFA from Purchase College, State University of New York, Harrison, and an EdM from the Harvard Graduate School of Education, Cambridge, Massachusetts. She has exhibited and participated in domestic and international residencies and has worked as an arts educator since 2012. In her practice, Norton paints with natural pigments, dyes, and inks, which she forages for and collects globally, and explores how to use these colors while being mindful of their respective histories.
- Students attending Homeschool on the Farm must be accompanied by at least one adult caretaker. Groups should be no larger than six people.
- The program will take place outdoors with social distancing. Families will have individual stations and materials. Programs may involve walking and exploring the grounds of the farm.
- Face coverings are required throughout the duration of the program except when families are seated at their individual stations.
- Advanced reservations are required. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending Homeschool on the Farm at Common Ground Farm, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
For more information, email email@example.com.
Common Ground is a nonprofit community farm that works hard to ensure food and educational access to everyone in our community. To learn more about their work, visit commongroundfarm.org. Common Ground runs on the generous support of its community. If you are able, please consider making a donation.