537 West 22nd Street
New York, New York
Dia Chelsea is now open to the public. Admission is by advance reservation only. Timed tickets for the month of May are available to the public here.
Wednesday–Saturday, 12–6 pm
Dia Chelsea is closed on Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays.
The galleries are also closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, December 31, and January 1.
The bookshop is open Wednesday–Saturday for purchases from 12–6 pm.
Group visits, tours, and walkthroughs are currently suspended.
Dia Chelsea has additional health and safety protocols in place due to COVID-19. For more information please read our visitor guidelines below.
Admission to Dia Chelsea is by advance reservation only.
Please note that we cannot guarantee entry without advance reservations. Walk-ins will be instructed to call or go online to reserve their tickets; availability will be limited.
Visitors are asked to refrain from entering if, over the last fourteen days, they have had symptoms of or tested positive with COVID-19 or been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19. Visitors to New York State who have traveled from noncontiguous states must have completed a Travel Health Form online and complied with the mandatory 10-day quarantine (per the New York State COVID-19 Travel Advisory).
- Be considerate of fellow visitors and staff
- Masks are required for all visitors over the age of two
- Removal of masks for photography is not permitted
- Advance ticket reservation is required at Dia Chelsea
- Social distancing is required; social-distancing markers are in place at the designated visitor entrance and restroom queues
- Use of hand sanitizer is required at entry
- No food or beverages allowed
- Large bags of any kind are not permitted inside Dia Chelsea; coat and bag check are not available
- Groups of more than six people are not permitted; group visits and walkthroughs are suspended
- Visitors should practice good hygiene by coughing or sneezing into their elbows; tissues should be disposed of immediately; please wash hands for at least twenty seconds
Further Safety Measures at Dia Chelsea
- High-touch surfaces are cleaned throughout the day following CDC guidelines
- Hand sanitizer is available at various locations in and around the galleries
- New capacity limits are enforced for restrooms; social distance markers are in place at the designated visitor entrance and restroom queues
- Acrylic panels are installed where staff will be in close contact with visitors
- A no-touch or low-touch visitor experience is provided; artist information is available online via QR codes; entry doors are opened by staff or propped open; advance reservations are required for entry to Dia Chelsea and will be checked by a touchless scanner
- Staff are required to pass a health-monitoring questionnaire each day prior to arriving and are required to wear masks within Dia's spaces
- Dia will work closely with local and state authorities to provide information as required for contact tracing
In the interest of your personal safety and community health, Dia requires that all visitors observe the precautions listed above at Dia’s sites and locations. We reserve the right to request that visitors who are not following these guidelines leave the premises.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting Dia’s sites, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Admission is free.
Timed reservations are required for admission to Dia Chelsea. Timed tickets for the month of May are available to the public here.
Please note that we cannot guarantee entry without advance reservations. Walk-ins will be instructed to call or go online to reserve their tickets. Availability for some time slots will be limited and there may be a wait until entry is available.
Become a member today to receive free admission to Dia Beacon, discounts, access to special events, and more.
Your support makes Dia possible. Text Dia Chelsea to 44321 to donate.
If you are a member of the press, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about visiting.
To request special accommodations, or to ask questions about your visit, please contact 845 231 0811 or email@example.com.
Please leave large bags at home.
Children under the age of 12 must be supervised and accompanied by an adult at all times.
Strollers are permitted inside the galleries.
Dia Chelsea has accessible galleries and bathrooms.
Wheelchairs are available for visitor use at Dia Chelsea. Reservations are not required.
Only working assistance and guide animals are permitted at Dia Chelsea. Pets are not allowed.
• Photographs for personal use may be taken in the Dia Chelsea galleries.
• Use of public space must not be disruptive to general Dia Chelsea visitors. Please respect Dia property. Do not move, climb on, or damage furniture.
• No wedding, event, or commercial photography is allowed at Dia Chelsea or on its property.
• No flash photography or video is ever permitted.
• No tripods or extension poles are ever permitted.
• No photography in any one space for more than 5 minutes.
• If you are uncertain if photography is permitted, please ask a visitor service associate or gallery attendant before you take pictures.
Please be advised that photography at Dia Chelsea is a privilege. Dia Art Foundation reserves the right to prohibit photography in any area at any time. Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in visitors being asked to cease activities and leave the premises.