537 West 22nd Street
New York, New York
Wednesday–Saturday, 12–6 pm
Dia Chelsea is closed on Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays.
The galleries are also closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, December 31, and January 1.
The bookshop is open Wednesday–Saturday from 12–6 pm.
Group visits, tours, and walkthroughs are currently suspended.
Dia Chelsea has additional health and safety protocols in place due to COVID-19. Dia may periodically limit admissions to prevent crowding. For more information please read our visitor guidelines below.
In compliance with the New York City mandate, to enter Dia Chelsea all visitors 12 and older are now required to show proof that they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Those 18 or older are also required to show a valid I.D. Your safety, and that of our team, continue to be our top priority, so at this time we also still require staff and visitors to wear masks.
Proof of vaccination may include:
- NYC COVID Safe app: Android | iOS
- Excelsior Pass
- CDC Vaccination Card (or photo of card)
- NYC Vaccination Record
- An official immunization record from outside NYC or the U.S.
Valid I.D. includes your name accompanied by a photograph OR your date of birth, such as:
- Driver’s license
- Government I.D. card
- IDNYC card
- School I.D. card
All out-of-state visitors must follow all applicable health and safety protocols required by the New York State COVID-19 Travel Advisory, which may include quarantine.
Visitors are asked to refrain from entering if, over the last fourteen days, they have had symptoms of or tested positive with COVID-19 or been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Be considerate of fellow visitors and staff
- Masks are required for all visitors over the age of two
- Removal of masks for photography is not permitted
- Visitors are asked to avoid crowding
- Use of hand sanitizer is required at entry
- No food or beverages allowed
- Large bags of any kind are not permitted inside Dia Chelsea; coat and bag check are not available
- Groups of more than six people are not permitted; group visits and walkthroughs are suspended
- Visitors should practice good hygiene by coughing or sneezing into their elbows; tissues should be disposed of immediately; please wash hands for at least twenty seconds
Further Safety Measures at Dia Chelsea
- High-touch surfaces are cleaned throughout the day following CDC guidelines
- Hand sanitizer is available at various locations in and around the galleries
- A no-touch or low-touch visitor experience is provided; artist information is available online via QR codes; advance reservations are required for entry to Dia Chelsea and will be checked by a touchless scanner
In the interest of your personal safety and community health, Dia requires that all visitors observe the precautions listed above at Dia’s sites and locations. We reserve the right to request that visitors who are not following these guidelines leave the premises.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting Dia’s sites, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Admission is free.
Dia may periodically limit admissions to avoid crowding.
Become a member today to receive free admission to Dia Beacon, discounts, access to special events, and more.
Your support makes Dia possible. Text Dia Chelsea to 44321 to donate.
If you are a member of the press, please contact email@example.com for more information about visiting.
To request special accommodations, or to ask questions about your visit, please contact 845 231 0811 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please leave large bags at home.
Children under the age of 12 must be supervised and accompanied by an adult at all times.
Strollers are permitted inside the galleries.
Dia Chelsea has accessible galleries and bathrooms.
Wheelchairs are available for visitor use at Dia Chelsea. Reservations are not required.
Only working assistance and guide animals are permitted at Dia Chelsea. Pets are not allowed.
• Photographs for personal use may be taken in the Dia Chelsea galleries.
• Use of public space must not be disruptive to general Dia Chelsea visitors. Please respect Dia property. Do not move, climb on, or damage furniture.
• No wedding, event, or commercial photography is allowed at Dia Chelsea or on its property.
• No flash photography or video is ever permitted.
• No tripods or extension poles are ever permitted.
• No photography in any one space for more than 5 minutes.
• If you are uncertain if photography is permitted, please ask a visitor service associate or gallery attendant before you take pictures.
Please be advised that photography at Dia Chelsea is a privilege. Dia Art Foundation reserves the right to prohibit photography in any area at any time. Failure to adhere to these guidelines may result in visitors being asked to cease activities and leave the premises.